A beanie is a type of close-fitting headwear that is typically knitted from wool, cashmere, or acrylic. Beanies are generally worn in cold weather to keep a person’s head warm, but they can also be worn for fashion or style.
How to wear a Carhartt beanie
Carhartt beanies are a popular choice for a casual, street-style look. Here are some tips for wearing one:
- Choose a neutral color, such as black or gray, for a versatile look.
- Pull the beanie down snugly over your head, covering your ears.
- Pair with a casual outfit, such as a denim jacket or hoodie, and jeans.
How to wear a beanie with long hair
Wearing a beanie with long hair can be a bit of a challenge, but there are a few tips to make it work:
- First, pull your hair back into a low ponytail or bun to keep it out of your face.
- Next, choose a slouchy beanie that will sit loosely on top of your head and not flatten your hair.
- Finally, adjust the beanie so it sits slightly back on your head, with your hair framing your face.
How to wear a beanie with short hair
If you have short hair, a beanie can be a great accessory to keep you warm and stylish. Here are some tips:
- Choose a snug-fitting beanie that will sit securely on your head.
- For a sporty look, wear the beanie pulled down over your ears and forehead.
- For a more relaxed look, wear the beanie slightly back on your head.
How to wear a beanie like a skater
Skaters are known for their laid-back, casual style, and a beanie is a key accessory in their wardrobe. Here are some tips to rock a beanie like a skater:
- Choose a slouchy beanie in a bright color or with a graphic design.
- Wear the beanie pulled back slightly on your head for a loose, relaxed look.
- Pair with a hoodie or graphic t-shirt, ripped jeans or shorts, and sneakers or skate shoes.
How to wear a beanie with dreads
If you have dreadlocks, a beanie can be a practical and stylish accessory to keep your hair out of your face and protected from the cold. Here are some tips:
- Choose a beanie with a loose, slouchy fit to accommodate your dreadlocks.
- Pull the beanie down over your forehead and ears, leaving your dreadlocks loose and framing your face.
- Choose a neutral color, such as black or gray, or a bold color that complements your dreadlocks.
History of beanie
The history of the beanie can be traced back to the early 20th century when it was first worn by blue-collar workers as a way to keep their heads warm during the winter months. The original beanies were made of wool and were often worn by workers such as mechanics, construction workers, and farmers.
In the 1940s and 1950s, beanies became popular among college students as a casual fashion accessory. The beanie was particularly popular among fraternities and sororities, who would often wear them with their Greek letters embroidered on the front.
In the 1960s and 1970s, the beanie became associated with the counterculture movement and was often worn by hippies and anti-establishment figures. During this time, the beanie was also adopted by the skateboarding and snowboarding communities as a practical and stylish way to keep their heads warm while practicing their sports.
In the 1980s and 1990s, the beanie continued to be a popular accessory, particularly among the grunge subculture. Musicians such as Kurt Cobain of Nirvana were often seen wearing beanies on stage and in their music videos.
Today, the beanie remains a popular accessory for both practical and fashion reasons. It is available in a wide range of colors, styles, and materials, from classic wool beanies to trendy slouchy beanies made of acrylic or cotton.