Discover the power of powder with an inventive technique that is doing a boomerang from the ’90s, like all the old-school stuff that proves to be effective. Nail-friendly and chip-resistant, dip powder manicures are all the rage now. Want to know more? Keep reading.
What Are Dip Powder Nails?
Dip powder, aka SNS for the salon brand Signature Nail Systems which is behind the dip powders, is easy and effortless to complete. After the nails have been prepped and covered with a base coat, a nail technician coats your nails with an activating liquid and dips your nail into pigmented dipping powder. The process can be repeated several times depending on the level of opaqueness you want to achieve. Then the nail is buffed to smooth out any bumps and covered with a top coat polish to seal the design.
The powder formula is infused with vitamin E and calcium that promote the growth of healthier and stronger natural nails. Dip powder nails are super durable, lightweight, and natural-looking, and since they don’t require UV light treatment, they remove any UV risk concerns and take less time to apply! You can attempt a dip powder nail design on your own – DIY dip powder kits are what you need for a perfect at-home mani station.
Best Nail Designs to Do with Dip Powder
Dip powders come in an incredible selection of colors and finishes and they can be applied on both natural nails and nail tips. Dip nails provide a firm foundation for a wide array of nail looks: from neon yellows and pinks to strategically sprinkled glitter accents.
1. Perfect Pink Dip Manicure with Encased Foil. Taking inspiration from sugary candy, this pink palette ranges from petal pink to passionate magenta. With colorful peek-a-boo foil encased on an accent fingertip, it makes for a sweet and flirtatious look.
2. Ethereal Neutral Dip Nails. These earthy tones of beige and mint green create an unearthly color palette worth a forest fairy. The matte finish lends them a velvety finish and sublime vibe.
3. Strawberry Glazed Doughnut Dip Powder Nails. A fresh spin on a popular nail style that has been all over the internet! It retained the pearlescent quality of the original ‘glazed doughnut’ but with strawberry pink undertones. Yummy!
4. Gradient Pink Dip Powder Nails. We get you, with endless shades and textures, it’s difficult to land on one dip powder nail color. Gradient mani is an effective strategy to wear them all. It creates a smooth ombre-like transition from pinkie to thumb with a constellation of crystalline glitter in the middle.
5. Ballerina Slipper Dip Manicure with a Twist. Sure, a ballerina slipper manicure is a classy timeless look but if you are looking for creative nail ideas to spice it up for the spring, try sprinkling dainty abstract florals. They elevate the look and create a cheerful springtime atmosphere.
6. Neon Yellow Dip Powder Nails with French Tips. A sure way to make your nails stand out is by going for bold colors. Neon yellow color brightens up your dip nails, while squared-off tips add an attention-grabbing accent.
7. Ombre Dip Nails. This elegant nail art is a perfect example of double dip manicures. The nail tech has used two complementary shades of the dip powder – French rose and Champagne sparkles – to create a stunning cuticle-to-tip ombre effect. The almond shape of the nails grants a chic vibe to the look.
8. Glazed Baby Boomer Nails. Spruce up the pink base color with a graceful white tip to achieve an ever-so-trendy baby boomer mani. The blend of two shades is seamless, with a softer color transition that lends your dip powder nails a milk bath effect.
9. Bright Dip Powder Mani with a Glitter Accent Nail. We absolutely adore how the glitter hues complement the colors of the dip powder used in this buoyant dip powder nail design. Fresh lemon and periwinkle hues are a smashing combo!
10. Shimmering Lavender Dip Nails. Dip powder nails lend themselves fantastically to twinkly looks. This subtly textured shimmer iteration in an attractive lavender hue looks fabulous on short square nails. It gives them that nonchalantly glamorous look we all love.
11. Deluxe Lilac Glitter Nails. Incorporate different shades of the same color for a sophisticated stylish look. A medley of different textures of glitter – from chunky to finely milled – results in a super eye-catching nail set.
12. Gray Granite Dip Powder Nails. Extremely wearable and versatile, these dip powder nails look classy and office-appropriate without being a tiny bit dull. The marbled texture on an accent nail and the glossy finish contribute to an upscale look.
13. Sparkly Pale Pink Dip Nails. Mix and match textures and finishes within one dip powder nail color for an interesting look. This feminine look is a perfect pick for Valentine’s season or a romantic date night.
14. White Marble Dip Nails with Gold Flakes. Add a touch of luxury to your white nail art with gold-based powder. The intricate marbling performed with acrylic paint on the clear backdrop creates a translucent effect. Perfect choice for a classic wedding manicure!
15. Frosty Winter Florals Dip Nail Art. Miss flowers during a cold season? So do we! These frosty flower nails will stay with you all year round as a beautiful dip nail design.
16. Nude Dip Nails. Of all the SNS nail colors, a plain nude one is probably the most universal. It’s excellent for everyday-wear nails, matching the majority of outfits and staying fresh and perky without the need for touch-ups.
17. Feminine Pink Glitter Nails. When you use dip powder, you can also play around with shimmering textures to customize your nail design. This feminine pink manicure employs a combination of glitter nails and delicate swirls for a refined look.
18. Cute Baby Blue and Pink Dip Nails. If you are looking for cute designs, this is your clue! The powdery tones of blue and pink blend into a perfect gradient. These terrific nails look as if you have just scooped some fairy dust!
19. Ombre Jelly Nails. Fuse two of the hottest trends – the ombre and jelly nail trends – for a sensational look! And yes, you can totally sprinkle a bunch of silvery sparkles over the design. An ideal style for a sweltering summer pool party!
20. Sensuous Fall Dip Powder Nails. When you see it, you know it! One of the perfect SNS nail designs for the fall season. Its orange-toned gradient smoothly blends from creamy beige into a darker color. This mani seems to be created for arranging pumpkin decor during the spooky season.
21. Short and Simple Dip Nails. If you love low-key dip powder nail ideas that are suitable for everyday wear, these cuties can’t go amiss. Their sheer base coat and a hint of sparkle will work for every skin tone and nail shape.
22. Strawberry Mojito Dip Powder Nail Design. Kick off the strawberry season with this soft and sweet nail set. While the backdrop is subdued, the shaped chunky glitters add that extra pop to the mani.
23. Dip Nail French Manicure. Did you know that you can customize your dip powder french manicure just like you do it with gel manicures? Use a shallow end of the dip case to achieve c-shapes on your tips and a deeper end of the case for a straighter line.
24. Fun Doodle Multi-Color Nails. Love playing around with your SNS nail designs? Use orange, purple, yellow, black, and pink acrylic paint colors to express yourself through fun abstract art.
25. White Dip Nails with Floral Accents. What can be more delicate and frail-looking than first daisies? Only these translucent dipped nail designs that display dainty blossom.
26. Glittery Hot Pink Nails with a Gold Accent. Combined dip powder nail designs are the latest trend that will help you make a bold statement with your special occasion or birthday nails. Create contrast between vibrant hot pink nails and a golden french tip on the pointer finger.
27. White Chrome Dip Powder Nails. Let your nails shine with the pearly tone of white on classy oval-shaped nails. A pure and elegant look that is universally appropriate.
28. Neon Dip Powder Nails with a Stunning Glitter Accent. Are you on a quest for dip powder nail ideas off the beaten path? How about this integration of neon pinks and greens with cracking black glitter? We can literally see how they glow in the dark of the dance floor.
29. Natural Dip Nails. If you prize the beauty of natural nail designs over the glam and hype of new trends but want to keep your talons interesting, try a nude shade of dip powder with a slight holographic effect. The best part? You can easily create it at home with a dip powder kit.
30. Edgy Black and Emerald Dip Powder Nails. Perfect fit for a rowdy St Patrick’s celebration! Paired with silky black nail polish, green emeralds shine ever so brightly in this dazzling mani!
Perfect in every way, dip powder nails are a wonderful alternative to gel nails or acrylic nails. Ultimately, they will save you a lot of time and chipped polish frustration, while still offering a wide array of designs. So, when booking your next manicure, inquire in your nail salon about the dip powder options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Do Nail Designs with SNS?
Yes, you can definitely do nail designs with SNS (Signature Nail Systems). SNS comes in a wide range of colors and finishes, making it perfect for creating unique and creative designs, from different color French tips to intricate nail art.
Which Is Better Gel Nails, Acrylic Nails or Dip Powder?
The answer depends on personal preference and individual nail type. Acrylic nails are stronger and more durable, making them ideal for those with weak or brittle nails. Gel nails and dip powder nails offer a more natural look. At the same time, dip powder nails are also easier to apply, making them a popular choice for at-home manicures.
How to Remove Dip Powder Nails?
To remove dip nails at home, soak them in acetone using either a foil or a bowl soaking method. Dip powder slides off easier than gel nails, but the process of removing can still be harsh on your nail plate, so it's always better to use the help of professional nail technicians.